Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Review: Uniball Jetstream RT 0.7mm Blue

I have never heard a bad thing said about the Uniball Jetstream. From everything I had heard it was a great pen that wrote extremely smoothly.  Needless to say that sounded appealing to me and I wanted to try one out.  The problem was that all of the office supply stores around me didn't carry them.  Finally while walking around some superstore for back to school supplies I found it.  To be 100% honest the Jetstream has lived up to everything I had heard.


The body of the pen is really cool looking.  It's simple but doesn't look plain.  I got the blue version of the pen so the barrel is a dark blue that reflects the dark blue ink inside the pen.  There is a lighter strip of blue around the clicker.  The tip, a Jetstream logo, the clicker and the clip are all silver colored plastic.  I think the silver and blue combo looks good.  The grip isn't anything special, but it's not bad.  It's the same material as the rest of the body but it has little indents in it.  When writing a lot your hand does not get fatigued so even though it isn't the fanciest grip it does the job well.

The way the Jetstream writes is why I was so excited to try it out.  The Jetsteam lived up to the hype.  It was a super smooth experience.  I felt like I was gliding across the page.  It doesn't matter whether your writing on a notebook worth 17 cents or 15 dollars, the pen just glides across the page.  The ink is a really dark blue which I love.  The only problem that I noticed is a little bit of white space when writing.  But it's not so bad to completely ruin the writing.  Honestly it's just nitpicking at this point.

With all of these positives I want to say that the Jetstream is a great pen.  For some reason though I can only feel like it's an above average pen.  It's hard to explain, there is nothing technically wrong with it, but to me it just isn't a great pen.  It's a solid pen that can last through a marathon of writing, but there is just something I can't put my finger on.  I would definitely recommend it highly.

8 out of 10 mummies.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think of this fake fountain pen from Parker. It's not cheap, some $320.00 Singaporean dollars. The nib is just ordinary felt pen. I thought it was quite the scam. See footnote here:
    http://asingaporeanstorybox.blogspot.sg/2012/08/a-pen-sive-affair.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give it 9 out of 10. The Jetstream is so revolutionary that it has swayed me and brought me back into the ballpoint fold. The ink technology is AMAZING. I generally detest ballpoints and prefer liquid ink rollerballs. I have the exact pen reviewed and the barrel color refers to the 0.7mm size and not the ink (the plastic color end piece by the clicker denotes color). I slightly prefer the 0.7mm to the 1.0mm due to the thinner and cleaner lines but the 1.0mm is still a good choice. Love the fact that the capped version is refillable.

    ReplyDelete